Monday, May 25, 2009

Working on two computers using Synergy

I'm working on my laptop, and have another computer next to me which I'm using as an debug server, and sometimes as an extra screen.
The only physical connection between the two computer is being on the same LAN, but for me they are sitting together on the same desk.
So after working a few hours with two keyboards and two mice, I realized there must be a better solution, someone had to have thought of one already!

And so I found Synergy! :-)
Just a few minutes of configuration (inc. figuring out what all those ports, computer names, and screen edged mean), and I have my keyboard and mouse shared with the computer next to me.

Like having multi-monitor configuration, just without ability to move windows between them, and with the processing power of both computer and physical separation between them!

No comments:

Post a Comment